Monday, September 23, 2013

The Revelation

I believe it was some time near the end of January that everything really hit home. 

I remember telling my husband what it felt like to finally be in control, to finally be free. I couldn't hold back the tears, there was just so much emotion. Happiness, fear you name it....everything just seemed to come spewing out. 

It is really hard to describe the feelings. The weight was lifted from my shoulders. I think it finally hit me after Christmas. I suddenly realized that I had lost so much weight with what felt like no effort at all. I wasn't "dieting", I wasn't planning menus, I wasn't spending my Sundays cooking meals for the week.
And....I suddenly realized that for the first time I did not feel deprived of anything. In fact I did not think about food at all. 

Over the Christmas holidays I ate what I wanted and when I wanted. There were no feelings of guilt, and no thoughts of "tomorrow I will get back on track". Looking back at the holidays, I realized that when I ate a treat or I splurged, I stayed the course, effortless. 

And this wasn't a fad because I had been living this way for six months, it was my new life.
Perhaps this was because the Paleo lifestyle was so perfect for me. It is not a diet. In fact I can't stand it when people ask "are you still doing that Paleo diet?" 

Believe my I am very well aware of what diets are and this is not one of them. I don't believe that Paleo will work for everyone, you have to find what works for your body. 

You have to make a commitment to your own health and happiness. You have to be in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback, please share your experiences! I hope you find my blog inspiring.

If you dont design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone elses plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.
- Jim Rohn