Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Paleo Veal Stuffed Pepper Squash

I never thought I would ever say this.....but I LOVE SQUASH!




I tried this recipe using many different types of filling such as turkey and beef but it wasnt until I used Veal that I fell in love!


The wilder taste of veal and pepper squash together is heaven.  Add bacon and viola! Okay so you may have noticed, I add bacon to just about anything lol.

This is very easy to make, can be adjusted to feed a large group, and you can substitute other types of ground meat or squash and still get a very delicious result.


INGREDIENTS:

1 Pepper Squash
6 slices of cooked bacon
1/2lb ground veal
1/2 red onion (or any type of onion)
1/2 diced red pepper
2cups chopped kale
3 garlic cloves minced
1tsp onion pwd
1tsp basil
1tsp oregano
1/2tsp cumin
Seasalt
Avocado Oil
2tbsp slivered almonds
2tbsp crumbled goat cheese
Spices are approximate,  I seriously dont measure, I just shake! So start with my suggestions and add more to taste if needed.


INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Cut pepper squash in half and clean out the guts.

2. Brush with a little avocado oil and sprinkle with sea salt, bake uncovered on a cookie sheet for 50 mins or until very tender.

3. While squash is baking, add garlic and onions to frying pan with a little avocado Oil. Cook until tender

4. Add your ground veal and cook thoroughly

5. Add cooked bacon, spices, and kale, cook another 10 minutes or so over med heat stirring often until kale is tender.

6. Toss in the red pepper and slivered almonds, toss to mix evenly.

7. Let sit in the pan covered until squash has finished cooking.

8. Remove squash from oven, stuff with veal, bacon and kale mixture.

9. Cover with crumbled goat cheese (optional)


This was honestly the best meal I have had in a long time.  I planned on eating one half of my squash and keeping the other half for the next day's lunch but that didnt happen:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback, please share your experiences! I hope you find my blog inspiring.

If you dont design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone elses plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.
- Jim Rohn