Sunday, December 8, 2013

Paleo Chicken Parmesan

Nothing beats a paleo version of an all time favorite coating and comfort food!



My husband and kids love my chicken Parmesan.   I use panko style breading seasoned with basil, oregano, garlic and onion powder and sea salt. 

I decided to find a way for me to enjoy chicken parmesan along with my family.

This recipe uses spagetti squash, and an awesome macadamia nut coating:)

INGREDIENTS:

3 Boneless chicken breasts
1 cup macadamia nuts
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp onion powder
1tsp basil
1tsp oregano
1tsp seasalt
Grassfed butter
1 spagetti squash
2 eggs
1tbsp grassfed butter
Homemade Pomodoro Sauce☆


INSTRUCTIONS:

Pierce the spaghetti squash many times with a knife

Microwave the whole spagetti squash on a microwave safe plate for 25 minutes then let cool

In a food processor combine the nuts, herbs, and spices and pulse until it resembles the consistency of bread crumbs and then pour into to a bowl

In a separate bowl wisk together 2 eggs

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees

In a frying pan melt 1tbsp grassfed butter on med high and ensure the pan is good and hot!

Dip each chicken breast in egg first then coat the chicken well in the macadamia nut crumbs.  Then add to the frying pan and cook until each side is golden brown. At this point you are only browning the coating on your chicken.  

Place each browned breast on a non-stick wire rack on a cookie sheet and cook for 40 minutes
Then cover each breast with  ☆homemade Pomodoro sauce and sprinkle with daiyo mozzarella cheese. (optional) Bake for 10 more minutes.

Remove spagetti squash from microwave, cut in half lengthwise and separate the guts and seeds from the good squash.

Pour some homemade Pomodoro sauce over the spagetti squash and top with chicken breast!

Add parmesan cheese, or goat cheese or daiyo mozzarella cheese if desired!

☆Please see my blog post sausage stuffed manicotti for my instructions on how to make Pomodoro Sauce. 










Can you tell which ones are my paleo macadamia nut coating and which ones are made with panko breading?







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback, please share your experiences! I hope you find my blog inspiring.

If you dont design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone elses plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.
- Jim Rohn