Monday, December 9, 2013

PALEO BREAKFAST WRAPS

One thing I do really miss since starting Paleo are my wraps. 



There are many different recipes on the internet for homemade paleo tortillas and wraps but if you know me, then you know that I am not a baker! Flour of any kind,  rolling pins and eggs scare the crap outta me and I just dont have the courage to try any of them.

I am okay with cookies and squares, in fact I make the most delicious cookies you've ever tried!  According to my coworkers lol.  But pastry, flour, dough ahhhhh! 

So I decided to find an alternative and they turned out amazing!
I have been desperately trying to eat more starchy root vegetables in an attempt to gain back a few pounds.  So you will see some recipes appearing for root veggie soups as well! 
After I made my eggplant lasagna, I saved a few slices of the eggplant to use as wraps the next day.

INGREDIENTS :

3 Slices of eggplant
2tsp Avocado Oil
2 eggs
3 slices cooked bacon cut into halves (6pieces)
Fresh Dill
Goat Cheese (Optional)
Sea salt or Seasoning Salt (I use Cool Runnings All Purpose Natural Organic Seasoning Salt)

INSTRUCTIONS:

In a frying pan heat the oil and sprinkle the eggplant slices with seasonings or SeaSalt.

Fry the slices of eggplant flipping them often until they are golden brown on each side.

I like mine a little crispy (for that crunch texture) but not too crispy or they crumble when you are rolling them.

Set the eggplant slices aside on your plate

Next, in the same pan scramble the eggs with a few sprigs of fresh dill.  I usually dont have to add any more oil to the pan but you can if you want. I dont measure the dill, just start with about 3 sprigs. 

When the eggs are almost cooked through add in some crumbled goat cheese.  Again this is totally optional. 

And sprinkle a little more seasoning or sea salt.

Now add 2 pieces of bacon along with the some of the egg mixture to each slice of eggplant (pile everything on the widest part of the eggplant slice) and then roll it up!!

Thats it! Delicious breakfast wraps!

You could technically put anything in these wraps and it would taste great!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback, please share your experiences! I hope you find my blog inspiring.

If you dont design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone elses plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.
- Jim Rohn