Thursday, November 21, 2013

PALEO SPICY BUFFALO WING SOUP

This has to be the easiest way to make a Paleo version of spicy buffalo wing soup!


I mean who doesnt love savory buffalo wings? 

 

My sweetie asked me to make this soup for him, and I thought forget that!  If I'm making buffalo wing soup I'm darn well gonna eat it too! 

All you need to have in the house is:

8 cooked chicken thighs
-cooked any way you like, boneless, skinless, or bone in, skin on whatever!
-I bake mine in a cast iron dish because I like them juicy
-season them if you want to, or dont, I dont bother
-I always have cooked chicken of some kind in my freezer perfect for last minute soups!

1 onion

2 garlic cloves minced or chopped

1 cup of diced tomatoes

1/2 small can of tomato paste

3-4 cups chicken broth
-depending on how thick you want your soup

3/4 cup of grassfed butter

1/2 Head Cauliflower stems removed and roughly chopped

2 stalks celery chopped

1 cup chopped carrots

Handful of chopped fresh dill

Some real hot peppers such as chilis
-I use 2 green and one red, we like it hot!

Franks Red Hot Sauce
Okay so if your one of those people who say Franks Red Hot isnt paleo.....I'm sticking my tongue out at you right now! 

3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
-this gives the soup its smooth buttery texture and taste, its not the same without it

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. In a large pot, melt the butter and saute one chopped onion and the garlic until clear.
2. Add 1 cup diced tomatoes (drained)
3. Add the 1/2 cauliflower 
3. Add 1/2 small can tomato paste
4. Simmer for 10 minutes
5. Add chicken broth, start with 3 cups because you can thin it out later
6. Add Chilis
7. Add Nutritional yeast
8. Stir well 

Now the fun part!

Let your soup cool down:) Notice we havent added the chicken, carrots, celery, dill or Franks yet.
When it has cooled enough, transfer to blender and puree.
Then pour the pureed soup back into the pot and reheat
Pick all the chicken off the bones or if boneless rough chop it and toss into the pot, now add your veggies, dill and Franks! I start with about 1/3 cup of Franks and keep stirring, tasting and adding more if needed. 
Season with celtic sea salt

Simmer for another 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.  Stir often or bottom may stick.

Prep time 10mins
Total cook time 25mins 

Garnish with cilantro, or tortillas if desired:)


2 comments:

  1. Amanda, I made this for my boyfriend last night and he loved it! He did not believe me when I told him it was paleo friendly! I am also having a hard time converting him lol.
    Cant wait to taste what you bring to the christmas party!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm so glad he liked it! Oh no now I have to come up with something good to bring:/ Maybe a giant butternut squash lasagna:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your feedback, please share your experiences! I hope you find my blog inspiring.

If you dont design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone elses plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.
- Jim Rohn