Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Easiest "Dream" of Mushroom Soup

Cream of mushroom soup was my favorite growing up! 

 

Now that I am lactose intolerant, I had to find a substitute for the cream in Cream of Mushroom Soup!


This is the easiest way to make this soup;

1. In a deep frying pan saute one diced onion in a little coconut oil until clear.

2. Throw in about 3 cups of assorted washed and chopped mushrooms.  I use cremini, white and shitake.  I dont use the shitake stems.

3. Saute with onions until slightly tender.

4. Add 2.5 cups of organic beef or home made bone broth.

5. Add one can of full fat coconut milk.

6. Add sea salt, garlic powder and 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast.

7. Continue to simmer for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally

Allow the soup to cool then transfer to a blender or food processor.  You can either puree it or pulse it depending on how much texture you like.

Sometimes I add less broth so that it is a thicker consistency, then I puree it. 

Remember those crock pot porkchops'n mushroom soup from when we were kids? Now you have your mushroom soup:) you could use the thicker soup to cook with pork chops or meatballs and serve this over cauli-rice! 

I freeze the soup in single serving dishes ♥♥ 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback, please share your experiences! I hope you find my blog inspiring.

If you dont design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone elses plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.
- Jim Rohn