Saturday, August 2, 2014

PALEO TILAPIA CURRY!

I have really been craving indian inspired and flavoured foods lately!


I recently made my Paleo Butter Chicken Recipe and the other day I tried a paleo beef curry which I will share soon!  

But this was the first time I have attempted a fish curry.  I must say it turned out pretty darn well!!
A little spicy, buttery, and went really well with my Indian Inspired Fried Cauli-Rice!

This Curry recipe was easy to prepare and includes simple ingredients that you can find at any local grocery store.

Ingredients:

2 Fresh or Frozen Tilapia Fillets cut into chunks
5 cups vegetable broth
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 can coconut milk
2 tbsp medium curry powder
1 tsp ground cumin
salt
pepper
2 carrots peeled and roughly chopped
1 cup peeled and chopped rutabaga
4 canned plum tomatoes chopped
1 yellow onion chopped
2 minced garlic cloves
2 tbsp arrowroot powder
coconut oil 


Instructions: 

In a large saucepan, melt 2 tbsp of coconut oil and add the carrots and onion to the pan
Fry for approx 5 minutes until carrots are starting to soften.
Add the garlic and cook 2 more minutes
Add the vegetable broth, fish sauce, coconut milk, curry powder, cumin, salt and pepper and stir well.
Bring to a boil and add the rutabaga and plum tomatoes
Reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes until rutabaga is tender
Add the tilapia chunks and simmer 10 minutes stirring often
Mix the arrowroot powder with a little water then pour into the curry and stir well.  Turn heat off and keep stirring until the curry thickens nicely.

Serve over my Indian Inspired Cauli-Rice!

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback, please share your experiences! I hope you find my blog inspiring.

If you dont design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone elses plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.
- Jim Rohn