Saturday, August 2, 2014

PALEO PEACH AND BACON FRENCH TOAST BAKE

I must admit, I have been coming up with some pretty spectacular stuff lately! 


Peaches are everywhere!  I just love local fresh peaches, and peaches with bacon.....OMG.


After our trip to the local farmers market (2 bushells of peaches on hand), the kids and I were trying to think of the many ways we could enjoy these delicious fruits.  I thought.......baked peaches with carmelized peacans and coconut whip, grilled bacon wrapped peaches.....and then......my 13 year old said "can you put peaches on french toast"? Ummmmm ya!  After a couple of attempts I can now share this recipe:)


The recipe is very simple if you have pre-made paleo bread on hand.  I have tried a few different paleo bread recipes and this is the one I prefer the most for french toast from Living Healthy with Chocolate Here they use greek yogurt which I tolerate well in small quantities.  You could use any version of paleo bread that you wish.


Ingredients:

1 loaf paleo bread broken into large chunks
7 slices of cooked bacon chopped
6-8 peeled and sliced peaches
175ml full fat coconut milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ground cinnamon
5 eggs beaten
pinch of salt
a few drops of liquid organic stevia leaf extract (or any other natural sweetener)   I tried honey once and it worked well.

Instructions:
 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Using coconut oil or grassfed butter, grease a 10 inch round baking dish.
In the baking dish combine the paleo bread loaf chunks and the chopped bacon
In a bowl combine the coconut milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and steivia or sweetner
Pour liquid mixture over the bread and bacon
cover with sliced peaches

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the batter has shrunk away slightly from the sides of the dish and the peaches look carmelized.

Drizzle with pure maple syrup!  

This would also be delicious with some mapled pecans on top.....


 

 




 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback, please share your experiences! I hope you find my blog inspiring.

If you dont design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone elses plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.
- Jim Rohn