Thursday, January 9, 2014

LOADED BREAKFAST SAUSAGE PATTIES

I was in desperate need of a satisfying grab and go breakfast idea! 

Then it came to me, this week I was inspired by @Fresh4five's Breakfast In A Jar
 
I made her awesome Breakfast In a Jar last fall, it was so filling and convenient!  I made 3 jars ahead of time and then simply added the egg the morning of.  Spectacular Idea!

Last night I scrambled through my fridge and cupboards but I didn't quite have everything that I needed to make the Breakfast in A Jar.  

But I had an idea....Why not put all of the ingredients that I do have into a sausage!   

A giant LOADED breakfast sausage!



I was up bright and early for a full days work, well actually last night I didnt really sleep so I was basically still awake at 5am.  Ever since my bilateral mastectomy there are still many sleepless nights.

These sausage patties are extremely filling and tasty!

They make a great grab and go breakfast!

INGREDIENTS :

Makes 7 patties:

1 Tbsp Garlic powder
1 Tbsp Onion powder
2 tsp Fennel seeds
1 Tbsp Sage
1 Tbsp Thyme
Sea salt
Pepper
1/2 lb ground pasture pork
1/2 lb ground grassfed beef
4 pasture eggs
1/2 of an avocado mashed
1 cup sautéed chopped kale (cooked well)
6 slices chopped prosciutto or bacon (I used prosciutto)
2 tbsp oil such as avocado,  or olive oil

INSTRUCTIONS

In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well, use your clean hands if necessary.



Preheat oven to 375 degrees

In a skillet over medium high heat, add the oil 

When the oil is good and hot use your hands to scoop up handfulls of the breakfast sausage mixture and plop it into the pan.  Press down on the meat gently to form a pattie.
 



Fry both sides until the outside is golden brown and crispy.




Then place the patties on a non-stick wire rack and bake for 30 mins.





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback, please share your experiences! I hope you find my blog inspiring.

If you dont design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone elses plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.
- Jim Rohn